Quick and easy lasagne
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- A little effort
- Serves 2
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- olive oil
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- a small handful basil, chopped
- 1 pack beef and red wine ravioli, about 250g
- 4 tbsp mascarpone
- 3 tbsp parmesan, grated plus extra for the top
- 1/2 a small ball mozzarella, sliced
- STEP 1
Cook the garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil for a couple of minutes, then tip in the tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Season and stir in the basil.
- STEP 2
Cook the ravioli in boiling water until almost tender but drain before it’s done as it will keep cooking in the oven. Mix the mascarpone and parmesan.
- STEP 3
Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Oil a small baking dish. Spoon a little tomato sauce in the bottom, add a layer of ravioli then dollop over half the mascarpone mix. Add more tomato sauce, the rest of the ravioli, then top with the remaining tomato sauce and mascarpone. Lay mozzarella on and sprinkle over a bit more parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.