Video: how to make jalapeno poppers
Cheesy, fiery, golden-brown deliciousness... learn how to make our jalapeno poppers today, in just over 30 seconds!
What you'll need
grated mozzarella a handful
grated gruyere a handful
plain flour for dusting
panko or dried breadcrumbs
oil for deep frying
How to do it
- Make a small cut along the top of the pepper (widthways, by the stalk) as if you’re going to take the top off; but don't cut all the way through.
- Next, cut along along the pepper lengthways, but don't cut all the way through. Scrape out the seeds.
- Add some crumbled mozzarella to a bowl along with some grated gruyere. Season with some pepper and mix.
- Stuff the insides of the pepper with your cheese mixture.
- Once they're all stuffed, break eggs into a bowl and mix. Add some flour to one bowl and some breadcrumbs to another.
- Dip them in the flour first; then eggs; then finally the breadcrumbs. Repeat with the remaining peppers.
- Heat oil in a pan no more than 1/3 full until it reaches 180C or until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds. Fry until golden brown, drain on paper towel, and keep warm in a low oven while you fry the rest.