Simple potato salad plus toppings
Start by boiling 500g of new potatoes in salted boiling water until tender but not too soft. Drain and cool until just warm, then toss with one of these potato salad dressings. Serves four as a side.
CORONATION POTATO SALAD
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and cook a small chopped onion until really soft.
- Stir in 2 tsp medium curry powder and ½ tsp ground turmeric, and continue stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Scrape into a large bowl and leave to cool.
- Mix in 100ml natural yogurt, 2 tbsp mango chutney and some seasoning.
- Add the cooked potatoes, toss, then add a handful of chopped coriander and toss again.
- Serve sprinkled with extra coriander.
BACON AND BLUE CHEESE POTATO SALAD
- Fry 100g smoked bacon lardons until crisp and golden, then leave to cool.
- Slice 4 spring onions (including the green bits) and put ¾ of them in a large bowl with 4 tbsp soured cream and 50g diced roquefort.
- Mash together, then tip in the cooked potatoes and most of the bacon.
- Toss, then serve sprinkled with the reserved bacon and spring onions.
SOFT HERB VINAIGRETTE POTATO SALAD
- Whisk 4 tbsp olive oil with 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, ½ crushed garlic clove and 1 tsp dijon mustard.
- Stir in a small handful each of chopped flat-leaf parsley, tarragon and mint.
- Season then toss with the cooked potatoes.
NEW YORK DELI-STYLE POTATO SALAD
- Put 4 tbsp mayonnaise in a bowl with 1 tbsp American mustard, 3 tbsp chopped gherkins plus 1 tsp gherkin brine, 1 diced banana shallot and a small bunch of chopped dill.
- Add the cooked potatoes and toss.
Exciting potato salad recipes
Crisp, golden potatoes are paired with fresh radish and zingy aïoli in this summery dish. A great side for your next barbecue.
This classic new potato deli salad is super simple to make. Under 500 calories this recipe is a great healthy midweek meal or make double and serve as part of a picnic spread for a crowd.
This recipe for potato, celery and mustard salad is easy to make, vegetarian and feeds a crowd. The celery and mustard make it really punchy. It'll add an exciting twist to a summer BBQ.
A classic picnic dish that is quick and easy to make. This one is made with baby new potatoes and a dijon and mayo mix, and takes just half an hour from start to finish.
Our potato salad recipes make a great addition to a BBQ spread. Find our easy but impressive BBQ recipes here.