Make this classic beef wellington, then check out our vegetarian wellington.
While it may take a bit of effort it’s worth it. With Parma ham, porcini, chicken liver pâté, and shallots in the pastry parcel along with the beef, this is a gutsy flavour-packed dish. Enjoy for a special occasion.
- beef fillet 1-1.4kg, tied at intervals with string to keep it together
- butter 50g
- shallots 2, chopped
- dried porcini 15g, soaked in 100ml boiling water
- thyme 2 tsp leaves, chopped
- garlic 2 cloves, chopped
- flat mushrooms 225g, roughly chopped
- chicken liver pâté 170g pack
- Parma ham slices 2 × 80g pack
- flour to dust
- puff pastry 2 × 500g blocks
- egg 1, beaten to glaze
Try one of our other beef wellington recipe