Posh beans on toast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin butter beans, rinsed and drained
- a handful flat-leaf parsley or basil, leaves roughly chopped
- 4 slices sourdough, toasted
- to serve parmesan or vegetarian alternative, (optional)
- STEP 1
Cook the onion and garlic, in a large knob of butter, until soft. Stir in the vinegar and cook until it evaporates. Add the tomatoes and a splash of water and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Add the beans and cook until piping hot. Stir in most of the parsley.
- STEP 2
Butter the toast and pile on the beans. Finish with some grated parmesan if you like.