Roasted courgette, chickpea and lemon salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
- 50g bulgar wheat
- 200g baby courgettes, thickly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ a clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp rose harissa
- 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- a handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Put the bulgar in a bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Put a plate on top of the bowl and leave for 15 minutes, then drain really well.
- STEP 2
Toss the courgettes with 1 tbsp olive oil and lots of seasoning, then spread out on a non-stick baking tray. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until golden and tender.
- STEP 3
Whisk the lemon juice, garlic, the remaining tbsp of olive oil and the harissa in a large bowl. Add the courgettes and any juices from the baking tray, the drained bulgar and chickpeas, then toss everything together. Add the parsley and toss again.