Check out these quick and easy porridge recipes for easy ways to jazz up your morning breakfast.
If you’re looking for more easy breakfast ideas check out our best ever on-the-go breakfast recipes here. Plus, we’ve got lots of delicious low calorie breakfast and brunch ideas too. From blueberry muffins to bircher muesli, there’s plenty to choose from.
- Try our quick porridge pots for a simple breakfast
Grilled fig and stem ginger
- Cut 2 figs in quarters then brush with syrup from a jar of stem ginger and grill until softened.
- Dice a ball of ginger from the jar.
- Top hot porridge with the figs then add the ginger and a drizzle more ginger syrup.
Tahini, date and toasted almond
- Pit and chop 3 medjool dates.
- Toast 1 tbsp flaked almonds in a dry, non-stick frying pan until golden.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp tahini over hot porridge then add the dates and almonds.
Spiced sultana and apple
- Put 2-3 tbsp golden sultanas or flame raisins in a bowl and pour over just-boiled water to cover.
- Dice an eating apple and toss with a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch each of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Drain the sultanas and add to the apple mix. Spoon over hot porridge.
Vanilla yogurt and maple blueberries
- Put a handful of blueberries and 1 tbsp maple syrup in a small pan and heat gently until they soften.
- Mix 2 tbsp greek yogurt with a few drops of vanilla extract and spoon over hot porridge.
- Top with the blueberries and syrup.
Almond butter, banana and apple porridge
- Make up the porridge with milk or water, and stir through 1/2 a mashed, ripe banana when cooking.
- Top with a swirl of almond butter and the rest of the banana, sliced, some match-sticked apple and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Finish with a few chopped skin-on almonds.
Tropical coconut and lime porridge
- Make up the porridge replacing 1/2 the milk or water with coconut milk.
- Slice half a ripe mango and a ripe kiwi fruit, and toss with the juice of a lime.
- Top the porridge with the fruit, some lime zest and dried coconut shavings.
Spicy Japanese veg porridge
- Brush some slices of squash with white miso paste and roast until tender and golden.
- Make up the porridge using veg stock instead of milk or water, and season with another tsp of miso.
- Stir the white part of a chopped spring onion through the porridge.
- Wilt some baby spinach in a little sesame oil.
- Spoon the squash and spinach on top of the porridge.
- Top with a fried egg, some togarashi salt, dried chilli flakes, another drizzle of sesame oil and the chopped spring onion greens.
Sugar plum and raisin porridge
- Quarter a ripe dark plum and put it in a small pan with 2 tbsp flame raisins, 1 tbsp soft brown sugar and a splash of orange juice.
- Heat gently until the sugar dissolves and the plums are softened but not mushy.
- Make up the porridge with milk or water then spoon the fruit on top.
Boost your fruit intake by adding frozen berries to a bowl of cinnamon-spiced porridge for breakfast. A handful of whole almonds adds a great texture, too.
Put a savoury spin on your breakfast with our savoury porridge pepped up with ginger and chilli oil. This easy dish also makes a great midweek meal for two.
Add a little indulgent to your breakfast routine with our chocolate, coconut and raspberry quinoa porridge. Coconut sugar and cocoa powder gives a gentle sweetness.