Grilled fig and stem ginger
- Cut 2 figs in quarters then brush with syrup from a jar of stem ginger and grill until softened.
- Dice a ball of ginger from the jar.
- Top hot porridge with the figs then add the ginger and a drizzle more ginger syrup.
Tahini, date and toasted almond
- Pit and chop 3 medjool dates.
- Toast 1 tbsp flaked almonds in a dry, non-stick frying pan until golden.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp tahini over hot porridge then add the dates and almonds.
- Put 2-3 tbsp golden sultanas or flame raisins in a bowl and pour over just-boiled water to cover.
- Dice an eating apple and toss with a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch each of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Drain the sultanas and add to the apple mix. Spoon over hot porridge.
Vanilla yogurt and maple blueberries
- Put a handful of blueberries and 1 tbsp maple syrup in a small pan and heat gently until they soften.
- Mix 2 tbsp greek yogurt with a few drops of vanilla extract and spoon over hot porridge.
- Top with the blueberries and syrup.
Almond butter, banana and apple porridge
- Make up the porridge with milk or water, and stir through 1/2 a mashed, ripe banana when cooking.
- Top with a swirl of almond butter and the rest of the banana, sliced, some match-sticked apple and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Finish with a few chopped skin-on almonds.
Tropical coconut and lime porridge
- Make up the porridge replacing 1/2 the milk or water with coconut milk.
- Slice half a ripe mango and a ripe kiwi fruit, and toss with the juice of a lime.
- Top the porridge with the fruit, some lime zest and dried coconut shavings.
Spicy Japanese veg porridge
- Brush some slices of squash with white miso paste and roast until tender and golden.
- Make up the porridge using veg stock instead of milk or water, and season with another tsp of miso.
- Stir the white part of a chopped spring onion through the porridge.
- Wilt some baby spinach in a little sesame oil.
- Spoon the squash and spinach on top of the porridge.
- Top with a fried egg, some togarashi salt, dried chilli flakes, another drizzle of sesame oil and the chopped spring onion greens.
Sugar plum and raisin porridge
- Quarter a ripe dark plum and put it in a small pan with 2 tbsp flame raisins, 1 tbsp soft brown sugar and a splash of orange juice.
- Heat gently until the sugar dissolves and the plums are softened but not mushy.
- Make up the porridge with milk or water then spoon the fruit on top.