Jerk chicken with mango salsa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- serves 2
- 1/4 small white cabbage, shredded
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp jerk paste
- 1/2 mango, stoned and diced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/4 scotch bonnet chilli, seeded and diced
- chopped to make 2 tbsp mint
- a small bunch coriander, chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the grill to high. Toss the cabbage with half the lime juice and season. Cover and leave at room temperature.
- STEP 2
Brush the chicken breasts with the jerk paste and season well. Transfer to a baking tray and grill for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Toss the mango with the shallot, tomato, cucumber and chilli. Season.
- STEP 3
Stir the coriander through the cabbage. Slice the chicken, then serve with the cabbage and mango salsa.