Looking for savoury pancake recipes? The simplicity of a pancake batter provides the perfect base for a range of flavours, ingredients or cuisines; both sweet and savoury. Try our ideas below then check out our sweet pancakes recipes.
Check out our favourite savoury pancake fillings and pancakes ranging in size, thickness and flavours from crêpe to fritter, crispy duck pancakes to okonomiyaki. This is the ultimate collection of savoury pancakes, so try one for Pancake Day dinner.
Savoury pancake recipes
- We use smoked salmon, bacon, eggs and more for our recipes
Stuff your savoury crêpe with chunky ham and salty gruyère for a quick, comforting midweek meal.
Spicy sweetcorn melt pancakes
- Mix a 195g tin of sweetcorn with ½ chopped red onion, 1 finely chopped red chilli, 1 chopped roasted red pepper from a jar, ½ tsp toasted cumin seeds and a handful of chopped coriander leaves.
- Scatter some grated cheddar and mozzarella mix over six pancakes then grill until melted. Stack up three pancakes each with the sweetcorn mix.
Smoked salmon pancakes
- Mix 4 tbsp crème fraîche with 1 finely chopped shallot, 1 tbsp chopped dill and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Layer up three pancakes each with slices of smoked salmon and drizzles of the crème fraîche mixture, finishing with salmon, a final drizzle of sauce and some extra dill.
Eggs benedict pancakes
- Gently heat a small jar of hollandaise sauce. Poach 2 small eggs. Cook 100g baby spinach in a knob of butter and lots of seasoning until just wilted, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Layer up 3 pancakes each with slices of wafer-thin smoked ham and the wilted spinach, then top each with a poached egg, some hollandaise sauce and a sprinkle of chopped chives
Full English pancake stack
- Skin 2 pork sausages then reform the sausagemeat into 2 patties. Cook in a non-stick frying pan until crisp and golden, then fry 10 halved baby plum tomatoes in the same pan. Grill 4 rashers of streaky bacon until crisp. Fry 2 eggs (we love Clarence Court Burford Browns).
- Layer up two pancakes for each serving with the patties, bacon and tomatoes, and top each with a fried egg. Mix 3 tbsp tomato ketchup with 1 tbsp hot sauce. Drizzle over the stacks before serving.
Try our moreish potato and buttermilk pancakes for a savoury brunch this weekend. These simple pancakes are delicious topped with a dollop of crème fraîche and sprinkling of chives.
The best savoury pancakes idea! Sabrina Ghayour, a British-Iranian chef, food writer and author, has developed this quick, easy and flavoursome savoury pancake recipe made with sweetcorn, feta and spring onion. A quirky yet delicious combination of salty and sweet flavours comes from the addition of bacon and maple syrup, resulting in a recipe perfect for an exciting pancake day brunch.
We've used plant-based milk and coconut oil to make a deliciously crisp egg-free crêpe. Fill with garlicky mushrooms and vegan soft cheese for an easy plant-based lunch
Who loves crispy duck pancakes? This twist on classic crispy duck pancakes is made with the addition of a tangy peach sauce and offers a great alternative to the classic Shrove Tuesday options. The duck, despite its longer marination and cooking time, is surprisingly simple in preparation requiring only a few ingredients to provide the renowned aromatic flavour. The perfect DIY pancake day take away!
Try these trendy Japanese savoury pancakes loaded with cabbage, prawns and bacon. These Japanese crepes have been popping up everywhere recently with their vibrant ingredients and flavours. This pancake recipe provides a simplified version you can make at home this Shrove Tuesday.
Check out this vibrant recipe with soured cream, smoked salmon and dill. Our easy spinach pancakes make for a lazy weekend brunch recipe
Looking for an easy savoury pancake recipe? Check out these quick potato pancakes. We've used instant mash in this recipe making the pancakes super soft and smooth.
Serve the Peking duck with some warmed mango chutney for a fruity twist or, for a more traditional accompaniment, make the duck sauce. There is a type of duck called a Pekin that is bred to have less fat, making it perfect for this recipe as the skin crisps up more easily.
This quirky savoury pancake dish is the perfect dinner party starter as it will look impressive when actually it could not be simpler. These courgette fritters are given a Korean-style makeover with an easy all-in-one Korean-style dipping sauce to spice up your Shrove Tuesday.
These savoury crepes make for a quick healthy and delicious pancake day lunch. This easy crepe recipe is also gluten free, using chickpea flour (also known as gram flour) which also provides more protein than other flours.
Make something a bit different this Shrove Tuesday and try this vibrant spinach pancake recipe. These savoury pancakes work perfectly with smoked salmon, sour cream and dill or try it with grilled halloumi for a vegetarian alternative.
This savoury pancake recipe can be altered in size to make either a delicious pancake day brunch or a classy appetiser at a Shrove Tuesday gathering. These chive pancakes are teamed with smoked salmon, lemon, nonpareil capers and dill crème fraîche in resulting in an easy yet sophisticated pancake day recipe.
Try this intriguing Chinese-Mexican hybrid recipe this pancake day. This Peking style pancake recipe may seem unusual however is extremely popular and common in America. These savoury pancakes pack a punch, with an aromatic and flavoursome mole sauce, whilst remaining extremely easy to make!
Ready-made-pancakes are used as an alternative to pasta in this delicious Italian-inspired dish with creamy ricotta, spinach and tomato sauce. Perfect for a veggie Pancake Day supper.