Honey and sesame halloumi with jalapeño yogurt and tabbouleh
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 500g ready-cooked freekeh
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle for frying
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 x 250g blocks halloumi, sliced
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- a small bunch flat-leaf parsley, stalks finely chopped, leaves chopped
- a small bunch coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves chopped
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 300g greek yogurt
- 50g pickled jalapeños from a jar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- STEP 1To make the jalapeño yogurt, put all the ingredients and a little seasoning in a small food processor or blender with 1-2 tbsp of water and whizz until smooth.
- STEP 2Tip the freekeh into a bowl with the red onion, tomatoes and a little seasoning, and toss with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- STEP 3Tip the sesame seeds onto a plate and use to coat the halloumi slices, patting to stick. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil and fry the halloumi slices for 4-5 minutes or until golden on both sides. Turn down the heat, pour in the honey and turn the slices until glazed. Stir the herbs and pomegranate seeds through the freekeh tabbouleh. Spread the yogurt across a serving plate, pile on the tabbouleh and top with the halloumi.