We’ve created four quick and easy egg recipes for breakfast or lunch…
Chorizo chilli eggs
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a small frying pan and fry a handful of chopped chorizo until crisp.
- Break in two eggs, sprinkle with a little chopped green chilli and cook until the whites are set.
- Scatter with chopped coriander and diced avocado, and serve with small corn tortillas.
Garlic mushroom and brie omelette
- Heat a large knob of butter in a small frying pan and fry 150g sliced mushrooms until golden.
- Stir in ½ a crushed clove of garlic and cook for another minute.
- Tip the mushrooms and garlic into a bowl. Scrape out the pan, wipe with kitchen paper and add another knob of butter.
- Whisk 2 eggs with a pinch of salt and pour into the pan.
- Let the bottom set then draw in the sides so the uncooked egg can flow out and set.
- Scatter the mushrooms on top with a few slices of brie.
- Fold over one 1/2 of the omelette and let it sit for a minute so the cheese starts to melt.
Feta and spinach frittata
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small frying pan and cook ½ a sliced onion until really soft and golden.
- Add a handful of baby spinach and stir until wilted.
- Whisk 3 eggs with a pinch of salt and pour into the pan.
- Leave over a gentle heat until the bottom is set, then sprinkle with a handful of crumbled feta and slide under a grill until the top is just set.
Smoked salmon scramble
- Whisk 2 eggs with a good pinch of salt.
- Heat a knob of butter in a small frying pan until foaming.
- Tip in the eggs and stir gently until softly scrambled.
- Stir in a handful of chopped smoked salmon and sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Serve with buttered, toasted seeded bread.