One-pot chicken and quinoa tagine
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skinless
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 preserved lemon, flesh discarded and rind finely chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 120g three-colour blend quinoa
- a handful dried apricots
- a handful toasted almonds, to serve
- a small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- STEP 1
Heat a casserole dish over a medium heat with the vegetable oil. Season the chicken thighs well, and add to the pan. Fry for 3-4 minutes, turning, until well browned. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- STEP 2
Stir in the spices and cook for 1 minute before adding the preserved lemon, chopped tomatoes and ½ a tin of water. Simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- STEP 3
Stir in the quinoa, dried apricots and 500ml of water, and cook for 25 minutes, stirring regularly, until the quinoa is cooked. Serve scattered with the almonds and parsley.