The World's 50 Best Bars is an internationally acclaimed annual list that celebrates the best in the bar industry, ranking destinations across the globe, from London to Singapore. Hotly anticipated each year, 2022's results include both established favourites and newcomers.
Paradiso in Barcelona took the No.1 spot, winning World's Best Bar and The Best Bar in Europe.
London led Europe in the top 50, with five bars making the list, including two in the top 10 – Tayēr + Elementary at No.2 and Connaught Bar at No.8. Lead by director of mixology Agostino Perrone, the iconic hotel bar is famed for its modern take on a martini (we've tried, it's delicious), as well as slick service and plush, Cubist-inspired surrounds. Satan's Whiskers in Bethnal Green came in at No.23 and Soho-based Swift at No.30 and A Bar With Shapes For A Name at No.37.
Check out the top 10 list below, as well as which London bars made the top 100.
The World's 50 Best Bars – the top 10
- Paradiso, Barcelona
- Tayēr + Elementary, London
- Sips, Barcelona
- Licorería Limantour, Mexico City
- Little Red Door, Paris
- Double Chicken Please, New York
- Two Schmucks, Barcelona
- Connaught Bar, London
- Katana Kitten, New York
- Alquímico, Cartagena
London bars in the top 100
1. Tayēr + Elementary – a Shoreditch bar of two halves: head to casual, easygoing Elementary for a quick cocktail and bottomless coffee, and more intimate Tayēr for serious, innovative mixology.
8. Connaught Bar – a slick and ritzy Mayfair hotel bar with a fine line in decadent martinis, made to order at your table.
23. Satan's Whiskers – Bethnal Green neighbourhood cocktail bar with grungy, taxidermy-speckled interiors, vintage booze posters and a feted hip hop soundtrack.
30. Swift – This Soho bar is a two-part affair, with a buzzy, casual space on the ground floor – best for walk-ins and aperitifs – and a sultrier underground lounge with sleek crescent booths, inky black tables and moody lighting.
37. A Bar with Shapes for a Name – a high-concept, Bauhaus-inspired Dalston bar from The Little Red Door's Remy Savage.