Hot-smoked trout kedgeree
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- serves 2
- 3 eggs
- 250g pack (we used Veetee basmati) microwaveable basmati rice
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 150g pack hot-smoked trout, flaked
- a small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- to serve lemon wedges
- STEP 1
Drop the eggs into boiling water for 7 minutes. Drain under cold water and shell. Microwave the rice for 2 minutes.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the spring onion and chilli in a small knob of butter in a non-stick pan. Add the curry powder and cook for a minute then add the rice and stir well. Toss through the trout until warmed. Stir in the parsley.
- STEP 3
Divide between 2 dishes and top with halves of egg. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.