Step-by-step guide: how to stone an avocado
1. Cut your avocado in half lengthways.
2. Twist the two halves apart using your hands.
3. Whack the avocado stone with a sharp knife (be careful!) so that it becomes lodged; twist to remove the stone.
4. Use a large dessert spoon to scoop out the avocado.
5. Why not use your newfound skill in the recipe below?
ROASTED TOMATOES AND AVOCADO ON TOAST RECIPE
30 minutes, serves 2, EASY
plum tomatoes 4, halved
wholegrain or sourdough bread 4 thin slices
avocado 1 small, halved, peeled and stoned
lemon ½, juiced
cayenne pepper a pinch
cress or baby rocket leaves a handful to serve
Grill the tomatoes for 20 minutes until soft. Toast the bread. Using a fork, mash the avocado with lemon juice and cayenne, then spread it over the toasted bread. Top with the tomatoes and some cress or baby rocket leaves.
per serving 237 kcals, fat 10.6g, saturates 2.2g, carbs 27.8g, fibre 4.2g, protein 5.4g, salt 0.6g