10 best lunch boxes to buy
There’s so much more to weekday lunches than soggy sandwiches, so buy one of our best lunch boxes to pack a feast – from sleek tiffin tins to bento boxes
Looking for the best lunch box to take to work? Want a cool bento box to show off to your classmates? Read on for the best lunch boxes and snack pots, and find healthy lunch box inspiration here.
If you are after more speedy lunches we have 10 quick and easy lunch recipes, including niçoise salad-inspired tuna wraps and a guide to the best bagel toppings.
Best lunch boxes at a glance
- Best versatile lunch set: Black+Blum Leakproof Original Lunchbox, £21.95
- Best lunchbag: MissPrint Nazca Lunchbag, £18
- Best snack box set: Dunelm Global Dot Snack Boxes, £4
- Best budget lunchbox: John Lewis Anyday Wave Lunch Cooler Bag, £10
- Best tiffin set: Pretty Tiffin Traditional Indian Tiffin Box, £39.99
- Best insulated pot: Chilly's Double-Walled Stainless Steel Food Pot, £19.80
- Best for breakfast: Bodum Joycup, £12.48
- Best bamboo lunch box: BamBox Bamboo Lunch Box, £17.50
- Best collapsible lunch box: Mepal Navy Blue Bento Lunch Box, £9.99
- Best luxury lunch box: Alessi Food À Porter Lunch Box, £55
Best lunch boxes to buy 2023
Black+Blum Leakproof Original Lunchbox
- Available from John Lewis (£21.95), Lakeland (£21.99)
Best versatile lunch set
This lunch set has everything you need, no matter what you're packing: a generous lunch box, handy fork, mini dressing pot and rectangular pot to store more sides separately.
John Lewis (£21.95)
MissPrint Nazca Lunchbag
- Available from John Lewis (£18)
We love this bright yellow choice for a retro-inspired lunchbag style pick. The insulated bag will keep your food cool until lunchtime and the simple shape means you can use any plastic boxes you already own to slide inside, then secure with the popper closure.
John Lewis (£18)
Dunelm Global Dot Snack Boxes
- Available from Dunelm (£4)
Best snack box set
This bargain trio from Dunelm is handy for storing different snacks for dipping into throughout the day – put crunchy carrot sticks or cucumber slices in one, and fill another with your favourite dip. There's several different patterns available – go for rainbow slogans or sausage dogs if you prefer.
John Lewis Anyday Wave Lunch Cooler Bag
- Available from John Lewis (£10)
Best budget lunchbox
Pick up a bargain lunchbox from John Lewis – at £10, there's not too much stress about it being lost in a lunchtime rush. The simple wipe-clean bag has a secure zip fastening, generous capacity and comfortable handles.
John Lewis (£10)
Pretty Tiffin Traditional Indian Tiffin Box
- Available from Not on the High Street (£39.99)
Best tiffin set
Make a change with a traditional Indian tiffin set. These intricately hand-painted tins clip together securely so you can go all out and transport a three-course meal in style. There are eight different colours to choose from.
Not on the High Street (£39.99)
Chilly's Double-Walled Stainless Steel Food Pot
Best insulated pot
Soup, porridge, fruit, salads and snacks are all good to go in this stainless steel food pot from Chilly's. The double-walled feature means food can be kept hot or cold for up to six hours.
Best for breakfast
For on-the-go breakfast Bodum’s Joycup is a must. Simply pop yogurt in the main container and granola, fruit or muesli in the lid and you’re good to go.
BamBox Bamboo Lunch Box
- Available from Bambox (£17.50)
Best bamboo lunch box
A sustainable bamboo lunch box with splash of teal green. This sandwich box has a capacity of 1 litre, and with a silicone seal around the lid it’s ideal for wet or dried goods. Pink, grey and yellow colourways are also available.
More like this
Mepal Navy Blue Bento Lunch Box
- Available from Amazon (£9.99)
Best collapsible lunch box
With removable compartments, this minimalist lunch box lets you carry as little or as much as you like – perfect for combining leftovers.
Alessi Food À Porter Lunch Box
Best luxury lunch box
If you want to carry your lunch and look good while you’re doing it, splash out on this quirky clutch. It’s spacious enough to hold three courses, too.
Check out our best lunch box recipes here…
Best sustainable kitchenware
Best reusable water bottles
Best eco-friendly alternatives to cling film
Best kitchen gadgets and accessories
Comments, questions and tips