Follow our recipe to make the base mash potato, or use a pack of ready-made mash or 450g of leftovers.
- floury potatoes (such as King Edward) 500g, peeled and cut into large chunks
- almond butter or ground almonds
Mash potato flavourings
- Beat 4 tbsp soured cream, 6 finely chopped spring onions (including the green bits) and 2 tbsp chopped chives into prepared mash.
- Season and spoon into prepared mash.
- Season and spoon into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with extra chives to finish.
Parmesan and truffle
- Beat 25g of unsalted butter and 50g of finely grated parmesan into prepared mash.
- Season with salt and white pepper then spoon into a bowl and drizzle with truffle oil.
Grain mustard and cheddar mash
- Beat 25g unsalted butter and 50g grated cheddar into prepared mash over a medium heat until the cheese has melted.
- Mix in 3 tbsp of wholegrain mustard and season.
Herb and garlic mash
- Heat a small pan with 3 tbsp olive oil then gently cook 1 clove of crushed garlic for 3-4 minutes without colouring.
- Tip into a pan of prepared mash along with 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley and 2 tbsp chopped chives.
- Season then spoon into a bowl and add a drizzle of olive oil to finish.