Want easy ways to top your waffles? Try one of these easy sweet waffle toppings from spiced apple to blueberry and vanilla waffles. An ideal quick brunch or dessert recipe.
Hot chocolate and fudge waffle recipe
- Put 1 tbsp butter, 3 tbsp double cream, 5 tbsp golden syrup, 1 tbsp soft dark brown sugar and 1 tbsp cocoa powder in a pan.
- Heat gently, stirring until melted, then simmer gently for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in 75g chopped dark chocolate until melted.
- Add a couple of scoops of caramel ice cream or vanilla ice cream to warm waffles, then pour over the chocolate fudge sauce (any left-over sauce will keep in the fridge for a week). (Make your own ice cream with our recipes here.)
Blueberry and vanilla waffle recipe
- Tip a 200g pack of blueberries into a pan with 1 tbsp caster sugar.
- Heat gently, stirring until the sugar dissolves, then keep cooking until saucy and the berries start to burst.
- Stir in 1 tsp vanilla extract and spoon over warm waffles with a dollop of thick greek yogurt.
Grilled figs and whipped goat’s cheese waffle recipe
- Halve 8 ripe figs and sprinkle the cut surfaces with demerara sugar.
- Slide under a medium grill until bubbling and softened.
- Meanwhile whisk 6 tbsp of soft, rindless goat’s cheese with 2 tbsp soft cheese, 1 tbsp milk and a few thyme leaves.
- Season with a little salt. Spoon a little cheese on each warm waffle, sit the figs on top and drizzle with runny honey.
Spiced apple and sultana waffle recipe
- Melt a large knob of butter in a pan and add 4 peeled and chopped apples and 4 tbsp of sultanas.
- Cook gently until the apple is tender, then add ½ tsp each of ground cinnamon and ground ginger, and 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Spoon over warm waffles and add a dollop of clotted cream, if you like.