Want to make your own buns? Follow out our easy recipe for hot cross buns or check out our vegan hot cross buns for a dairy and egg-free version. Use up any leftovers in this indulgent hot cross bun bread and butter pudding.
Cheddar and mango chutney melt
- Split and toast a hot cross bun, then add slices of mature cheddar to the base and grill until melted.
- Spread the top with mango chutney, then sandwich and serve.
Nutella s’mores hot cross bun
- Split and toast a hot cross bun, then cover the base with 3-4 marshmallows.
- Slide under a grill until golden and melted.
- Spread the top bun thickly with Nutella, then sandwich and serve.
Strawberries and cream hot cross bun
- Slice a handful of strawberries then toss with 1 tsp icing sugar and leave to macerate.
- Mix 2 tbsp of soft cheese with 1 tsp icing sugar and a drop of vanilla extract.
- Spread the cheese onto a toasted hot cross bun, then top with the strawberries.
Elvis hot cross bun
- Split and toast a hot cross bun, then spread one side with peanut butter and the other with chilli jam.
- Fill with 2-3 rashers of grilled crispy bacon and serve.