Check out these four quick and easy ways to top your French fries. Each recipe makes a sharing snack for four people. Start by cooking 300g oven French fries following pack instructions, then top as follows…
Asian pulled-pork fries recipe
- Heat through a pack of ready-made slow-cooked pork belly following pack instructions.
- Shred into chunks in the cooking tin and mix with 4 tbsp hoisin sauce.
- Mix 3 tbsp mayo with ½ a clove of crushed garlic.
- Put cooked french fries on a serving dish and spoon over the pork.
- Drizzle with the mayo, some sriracha and chopped roasted peanuts.
Crab thermidor fries recipe
- Mix 6 tbsp ready-made cheese sauce with 2 tsp of wholegrain mustard and a dash of Tabasco.
- Drizzle over cooked french fries then top with a handful of grated gruyère and flash under a hot grill.
- Mix 100g of white crabmeat with a good squeeze of lemon, a chopped red chilli and a handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley.
- Once the cheese is melted, spoon over the crab and serve.
Pizza fries recipe
- Put cooked french fries in a grill-proof dish then top with grated mozzarella, shredded pepperoni, chopped jalapeños and thinly sliced red onion.
- Grill until melted and bubbling.
Chip-shop-curry fries recipe
- Cook 1 chopped onion, 2 crushed cloves of garlic and a small chunk of grated ginger in a little splash of oil until softened.
- Add 1 tbsp plain flour, 1½ tbsp mild curry powder and 1 tsp ground turmeric, and cook for 2 3 minutes, stirring to stop it from catching.
- Slowly stir in 350ml veg stock then stir in 1 tsp brown sugar and 2 chopped plum tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend to smooth using a stick blender or food processor.
- Spoon the curry sauce over cooked french fries then scatter over diced red onion, diced tomato and chopped coriander.