- baby aubergines 350g pack, halved lengthways
- peanut butter 1 tbsp
- soy sacue 1 tbsp
- rice vinegar 1 tbsp
- caster sugar 1 tbsp
- chin chow chilli oil 1 tbsp, plus extra to serve (see notes below)
- sesame seeds 2 tsp, toasted
- spring onions 2, thinly sliced
- coriander a few leaves, to serve
Put the aubergines into a steamer above a pan of simmering water and cook for 15 minutes or until really tender.
Meanwhile, loosen the peanut butter in a bowl with a splash of boiling water. Mix in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and chilli oil.
Arrange the aubergines on a platter and drizzle over the sauce. Top with sesame seeds, spring onions, coriander and more chilli oil, if you like.
Chiu chow chilli oil contains garlic, ginger and chilli flakes. We used Lee Kum Kee’s chiu chow, which is available from larger supermarkets.
- kcals 87
- fat 5.9g
- saturates 1.2g
- carbs 4.6g
- sugars 3.7g
- fibre 2.9g
- protein 2.5g
- salt 0.9g