We love meatballs! In fact, we love them so much that we’ve got a whole recipe collection devoted entirely to meatballs (there are nearly 30 recipes in it!).
- We use ready-made meatballs
Meatball and herb grain bowl (top left)
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan, then cook 12 pork or turkey meatballs until browned and cooked through. Meanwhile, heat a pouch of ready-to-eat freekeh or other grain and tip into a bowl. Add the juice of 1 lemon, 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds, 4 chopped spring onions, 12 halved baby plum tomatoes and a handful each of chopped dill and flat-leaf parsley, season and toss. Divide between two bowls and top with the meatballs, a dollop of greek yogurt and more herbs. Serves 2.
Italian meatball melts (bottom left)
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan and fry 12 beef meatballs, turning until browned and cooked through. Add a crushed clove of garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add 200ml passata, season heavily and simmer for a minute, stirring until the sauce has coated all the meatballs. Collect the meatballs into groups of four then lay a thick slice of mozzarella over each group. Slide the pan under a grill until just melted. Scoop the meatballs, sauce and cheese into 3 toasted ciabatta buns with some rocket and a drizzle of fresh pesto. Serves 3.
Harissa meatball stew (top right)
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan and cook 12 lamb meatballs until browned. Scoop out, then add a chopped onion and 2 crushed garlic cloves, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add a tin of chopped tomatoes and bring to a simmer, then add back the meatballs with a handful of pitted green olives and 1-2 tbsp harissa. Cook for 10 minutes, then stir in some chopped coriander and serve with pittas or small flatbreads for scooping. Serves 3-4.
Thai-style meatball soup (bottom right)
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan and cook a pack of 12 pork or turkey meatballs until browned. In another pan, heat 750ml of chicken stock. Whisk in 2 tbsp of thai red curry paste and 200ml of coconut milk and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the meatballs and cook for 10 minutes. Add a 300g pack of cooked egg noodles and a handful of sliced mangetout and cook until just heated through. Season with soy sauce and sesame oil. Divide between two bowls and finish with a chopped spring onion and red chilli. Serves 2.