- raclette 150g, chopped into pieces
- Maris Piper potatoes 400g, skin on
- salted butter 50g, plus extra for the frying pan
- self-raising flour 100g, plus extra for dusting
- sea salt flakes ½ tsp
- black peppercorns ground to make ½ tsp
- Dijon mustard 3 tbsp
- white wine vinegar 3 tbsp
- shallot 1, finely chopped
- pickled silverskin onions a handful, finely chopped
- gherkins a handful, finely chopped
- flat-leaf parsley ½ a small bunch, finely chopped
For the potato bread, put the potatoes in a pan of salted cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 25-30 minutes or until they’re cooked through. Drain, allow to cool slightly then peel. Tip into a bowl and mash with the butter, then stir through the self raising flour, salt and pepper, so it comes together as a dough. Form into a ball.
For the dressing, put the mustard and white wine vinegar in a bowl and whisk together with some seasoning. Stir through the shallot, pickled onion, gherkins and parsley.
On a lightly floured worksurface, gently roll out the potato dough until 1.5cm thick and 25cm in diameter. Slide onto a lightly floured baking sheet.
Heat ½ tsp of butter in a frying pan large enough to fit the dough, swirling to coat the entire pan. Gently slide the potato bread into the pan and cook for 5 minutes until crisp and golden. Slide the bread onto a plate and then flip the uncooked side down into the pan. Cook on this side for another 5 minutes until golden.
Heat the grill to medium. Dot the potato bread with the raclette and put under the grill for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is fully melted and bubbling.
To serve, spoon over the dressing.
- kcals 551
- fat 29.1g
- saturates 17.4g
- carbs 50.8g
- sugars 3.9g
- fibre 4.6g
- protein 19.1g
- salt 4g