***If you want to make this recipe gluten free, make sure you use gluten free sausages for this recipe***
- olive oil 1 tbsp
- herby sausages 4, skins removed
- onion 1, small, finely chopped
- hot smoked paprika 1 tsp
- chopped tomatoes 400g tin
- basil a handful of leaves, chopped
- double cream, soured cream or soft cheese 2 tbsp
- butternut lasagne sheets 4 large (about 250g)
- mozzarella 1 ball, torn into small pieces
- Grana Padano 25g, finely grated
Heat the oil in a non-stick pan then break in the sausagemeat. Brown the sausage all over, breaking up while it cooks. Add the onion and cook for another 6-8 minutes or until the onion starts to soften. Add the paprika and seasoning, and cook for a minute, then add the tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes then take off the lid and stir in the basil. Let the basil wilt into the sauce then stir in the cream or soft cheese you are using. Take off the heat.
Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Find a baking dish that the butternut sheets will fit in snugly (about 17 x 22cm). Put a spoonful of the sauce in the base, top with a sheet of squash and 1/3 of the remaining sauce and mozzarella. Repeat, ending with some sauce.
Bake for 30 minutes then sprinkle with Grana Padano and cook another 10-15 minutes or until the squash is tender and the sauce is bubbling.
- kcals 793
- fat 57.3g
- saturates 26.7g
- carbs 30.5g
- sugars 18.4g
- fibre 8.5g
- protein 34.7g
- salt 2.4g