- chicken stock 750ml
- lemongrass 1, bashed
- ginger a thumb-sized piece, thinly sliced
- bird's-eye chilli 1, halved
- garlic 2 cloves, bashed
- kaffir lime leaves 2 torn, 1 thinly sliced to serve (see notes below)
- plum tomatoes 2, roughly chopped
- button mushrooms 125g, quartered
- raw peeled prawns 150g
- soft light brown sugar 1 tbsp
- lime 1, juiced
- fish sauce 1 tbsp
Put the chicken stock into a pan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Add in the lemongrass, ginger, chilli, garlic and torn lime leaves, turn down and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes and mushrooms, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Tip in the prawns and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until pink, then remove from the heat. Take out the lemongrass, lime leaves and garlic, and discard. Season with the sugar, lime juice and fish sauce, and serve with the sliced lime leaf.
You can buy fresh kaffir lime leaves from Asian grocers or large supermarkets, or frozen in packs from large supermarkets.
- kcals 193
- fat 1.3g
- saturates 0.6g
- carbs 15.7g
- sugars 13.1g
- fibre 3.4g
- protein 27.8g
- salt 3.6g