1. Charlotte’s been making the most of our back catalogue of recipes and this week cooked up a midweek storm with butternut and kale salad alongside some top hoisin tofu.
2. Ask Nicki what she’s been chomping on, and she’ll shout MISO BUTTER. It’s as good as it sounds.
3. Sarah’s been snaffling all the snails in Burgundy. Well, nearly all…
4. In between eating pigs in blankets, sprouts and frozen Eton mess on our Christmas photoshoot, Janine and the team also tucked into a Vietnamese lunch from Que Viet in Shoreditch, including spicy pho and betel leaf wrapped beef.
5. Pumpkin cannelloni (we had to eat it at least once, didn’t we) from the new brunch menu at Canto Corvino.
6. What got us talking the most this week? That would be Lulu’s secret hasselback veg. We can’t reveal the ingredients yet (what happens in the test kitchen stays in the test kitchen) but check out our January issue for the results. Trust us, you will never be able to eat these veg any other way.
7. Anna and I have both been loving a bit of crab. Anna got her fix via a devilled crab starter from the Bel and Dragon in Kingsclere with a samphire and rocket salad, while I tucked into a classic dressed crab from Bentley’s in central London. I may also have eaten tuna slices dressed in mirin and soy, and scallop ceviche, and a fish stew. But you’re not judging, are you?
8. Avo on toast, and the rest, thanks to South Place Hotel in The City. The kitchen team here load theirs with feta, olives, cubes of charred chorizo and a poached egg.
9. Three different types of chilli at the Lincoln Chilli supper club with all the trimmings (including spaghetti).
10. Venison Bolognese. Rich, garlicky and so, so moreish at Cobham’s latest restaurant opening, La Rive.
You might also like
How to make the best apple crisps (recipe)
What olive magazine ate this week: 23/10/2015
What olive magazine ate this week: 16/10/2015
What olive magazine ate this week: 9/10/2015
What olive magazine ate this week: 1/10/2015